Friday, January 15, 2010

The Perfect Man for Me...March 07

Repost: Is he out there??
Current mood: contemplative
Category: Romance and Relationships


This is something I posted the day after my divorce papers came in the mail (March 2007). After nearly 3 years of failed attempts, I think I finally found someone I am totally compatible with. My requirements haven't really changed.

Does he believe in God? He should, because I do. And in order to understand, support and guide me, he is going to need to know God pretty well.

Is he good looking? Call it shallow if you want to, but it's quite doubtful that I'll pursue if I don't first find him aesthetically pleasing. I know what I like when I see it. Great smile, piercing eyes, athletic build...

Does he have any kids? I am not opposed to being with someone who already has a child, but only as long as there is no drama with their momma...

How old is he? My range is give or take 5 years.

Can he make me laugh?
I need a man who will keep a smile on my face. I love to laugh and have a good time, so a sense of humor is a must.

Does he have a considerable amount of musical inclination? I can sing and listen to music all day and I need someone that can enjoy a good harmony with me. I also am committed to singing for the Lord and need someone who will support me as I do so.

**Is he a sports enthusiast? (This seems like a dumb question, but not all guys are into sports like that.) I grew up in a house of all guys and when I was married had 3 stepsons, so sports have been my life pretty much. I need a man with whom I can enjoy watching boxing, basketball, football or whatever.

Is he capable of a civilized conversation/argument? I'm fully aware that no relationship exists without disagreements and arguments. However, there has to be enough maturity and patience where both sides can be heard and where there's a mutual goal of not arguing about the same thing ever again.

Is he a monogamous freak? I need a man that I can trust with my whole heart that he will stand strong in the face of temptation and won't step out on our relationship. In maintaining faithfulness, I need for the man I'm with to be able to carry himself as nothing less than a man of integrity, honor, and class, but behind closed doors be willing and able to do things we should both be ashamed of in the morning.

Can he stimulate me mentally? You can be the hottest, most fun guy I've ever met in my life, but if you can't carry on a good conversation with me, then I will never see you as more than a good time friend.

Is he a people person? Will I be able to leave him in a room full of people and watch him work the room while I'm off doing what I need to do? This includes friends and family. If you don't make it past my Mom, Dad, and siblings, then you might want to keep stepping.

Is he a peaceful person? I need someone who prefers peace and tranquility as opposed to someone who will just stir up drama to get a rise out of me. I know disagreements are inevitable, but someone who thrives on drama and conflict will quickly receive a pink slip.

Is he goal oriented? Not only do I need a man with a sense of purpose and understanding of what God put him on this planet to do, but also I need a man who has some sort of idea of how he is going to achieve this goal(s). Nothing is worse than a lazy man fumbling through life with no goals and no plan.

Will he want and love me for ME?!
I need to know that the man I'm with won't just want me around for what I can do for him, but because he is attracted to the whole me.

Now I may be asking for a lot, but I am completely worth it! And I would do nothing less than the same for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment