Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's In a Name?

I've accumulated quite a few nicknames over the years. I think it would be fun to try to identify them and their origin. This will probably give you a little TMI though, so if you don't want to know too much, don't read this LOL.
  • Kimmer, Kimber Doodles - these are names my parents and siblings call me.
  • Kimbo - I got this one in 3rd or 4th grade because my brother went through a "Rambo" stage where he would dress and act like Rambo at school.
  • Fly Girl - no not because I could dance (ie. In Living Color), but because my friend Kelly took a pic of me with my zipper open.
  • Sainberg - My high school yearbook advisor called me this. It's a combo of my and my assistant editor's last names.
  • Chicken - My best girls in high school and I were driving to a friends house when I saw chickens running around in someone's yard. I stopped the car and yelled out "Chicken!" It stuck.
  • Lil Kim - obviously when she came out, I adopted this persona for a few years
  • Miss Kim - when I started going to church all the kids called me this. Apparently this is church speak.
  • White Woman -my friend Ken called me this when I was the only "white woman" on the gospel choir and at our church.
  • Mom - need I say more? This is prolly my fave cuz I definitely earned it. I am proof that you do not have to give birth to be a parent.
  • Aunt Kim - my God-kids and nieces and nephews all call me this
  • Nyquil - A guy I dated called me this cuz I always put him to sleep.
  • Trouble - again, self-explanatory lol
  • Sitter - my sister calls me this, prolly cuz it sounds cuter than sister.
  • Sweets, Buttercup - A guy I dated called me these cuz I guess I'm sweet.
  • Ray Allen - A friend called me this cuz I always come through with the clutch shot
  • Kimmie Kim Kim - two guys I dated call me that. No idea why LOL
  • Kim Kim Kachew - another creative spin on my name.
  • Satan - my brother thinks our last name sounds like this so he calls me by it LOL
This is just off the top of my head. I am pretty sure there are a few I am forgetting. And prolly a few I am not aware of as well LOL.

What are some of your favorite nicknames??

No comments:

Post a Comment